Nutrition Tips for Athletes
With the spring sports season upon us, Block Chiropractic Sports & Wellness is here to provide sports care in Smithtown for all athletes! Our sports care specialists give our athletes the proper care needed regarding issues such as sports-related injuries, improving athletic performance, and nutritional tips for staying healthy during the season. Our team is more than knowledgeable on how athletes can perform to the best of their ability. As the team doctors for Queens College, LIU Post, Stony Brook University, we can’t harp enough the importance of taking care of your body from the inside out. Especially during your sports season.
Eating right is very important regardless of if you are an athlete or not. But for those who do play sports, the levels of stress the body undergoes through athletics is why fueling the body properly is essential.
- Including many fruits and vegetables in your diet helps you maintain your high energy levels.
- Carbohydrates are an athlete’s main fuel. The body changes them to glucose and stores it in your muscles as glycogen.
- Eating plenty of protein in your meals helps you maintain your muscle mass and improve your recovery time.
- Getting plenty of sleep will help with digesting the protein.
- Electrolytes help transmit nerve signals in your body. Replenish your body with electrolytes after a workout, game, or practice to avoid dehydration.
While nutrition should be an important priority for athletes, it should not become a cause of stress. Do not stress too hard about whether or not you are eating the “correct” way or not. Treat your body with the nutritional, clean food it deserves and that is your answer! With our sports care in Smithtown, you can tell us about your current diet and exercise lifestyle, and we will show you how you can improve it without necessarily having to change it entirely.
Looking for sports care in Smithtown? No matter what sport you play or how old you are, we will inform you of what nutritional tips are best for your lifestyle and sport. Contact us today to make an appointment!