October is National Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Month
Physical therapy and Chiropractic care are widely regarded as some of the best methods of treatment for various pain-related disorders and conditions. Maintaining a regular physical therapy or chiropractic program can not only help treat your injury, but it may also help you prevent injuries altogether. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, we’re looking to spread the word about National Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Health Month this October. Educating the community on the many benefits of these health care options and how to live a pain-free life is important to our company!
In October, we aim to raise awareness for physical therapy and chiropractic benefits and help reduce the number of patients turning to medication for their complications. Both chiropractic care and physical therapy can benefit patients as an alternative to potentially harmful medication. Luckily, Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical therapy in Smithtown, NY offers a wide range of PT and chiropractic services that can potentially be used as an alternative to both medication and surgery
Why Physical Therapy?
Throughout October, our Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy team in Smithtown, NY aims to educate patients on the many benefits of choosing physical therapy as their primary treatment method. As physical therapists, our goals include restoring functionality, improving mobility, pain relief, and preventing/managing permanent injury or disability. Aside from these aspects, many patients may also choose physical therapy for some of the following initiatives:
- Eliminating the need for painkillers – Some of the negative aspects of painkillers can include addictiveness and expensiveness. Instead of dealing with these roadblocks, physical therapy can relieve pain by strengthening muscles, building endurance, and improving flexibility naturally.
- Improve Athletic Performance – If you injured yourself playing a sport, a physical therapist can educate you on exercises that can target your located area of pain and help explain to you how to avoid injury again.
- Helps with balance disorders – Our physical capabilities naturally begin to deteriorate as we age. For the older crowds, physical therapy in Smithtown, NY at Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy also features geriatric therapy, which can help restore and strengthen those once lost capabilities.
Remember, physical therapy is not one size fits all. It caters to each patient’s specific conditions and needs. It is considered a safe alternative to pain management, requiring regular visits and continued practice of specific techniques to rehabilitate yourself or increase your physical performance.
Chiropractors practice a hands-on and drug-free approach to health care. Their main focus is to treat disorders involving the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Typically they will be treating complaints such as back pain, neck pain, joint pain, as well as headaches.
When you schedule an appointment with a chiropractor, it’ll likely begin with an initial examination followed by a diagnosis then determined the treatment method. Typically, a chiropractor will use techniques like spinal manipulation or mobilization to help ease your pain. Aside from that, they can also recommend rehabilitative exercises and dietary or nutritional counseling.
Common conditions treated by Physical Therapy in Smithtown, NY:
Most patients do not realize the wide range of conditions physical therapists can provide for treatment. Depending on the specialty of your physical therapist, you may be able to receive treatment for some of the following conditions:
- Musculoskeletal Problems
- ex): back pain, rotator cuff tears, joint disorders
- Sports-Related Injuries
- ex): Concussions, Shin Splints, Tennis Elbow
- Pediatric Conditions
- ex): Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delays, Muscular Dystrophy
- Women’s Health
- ex): Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Cardiopulmonary Conditions
- ex): Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis (CF), Post-Myocardial Infarction (MI)
Schedule An Appointment for Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy in Smithtown, NY:
In October, consider physical therapy or chiropractic care your go-to treatment option. With the help of Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy’s trained professionals, we can help you regain your strength and efficiently recover from your injury. Schedule an appointment with us today to ensure you return to your optimal performance!