At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our team never rests when it comes to offering relief for our patients. Those dealing with sciatica can attest to how debilitating this condition can be to manage on your own. While scheduling a session for physical therapy in Farmingville for treatment is always a great option, you don’t necessarily have to travel to reduce your symptoms. Our team would like to share some exercises you can perform from the comfort of your own home, that will work wonders for your condition.
Standing Hamstring Stretch
- Place one foot on an elevated surface while flexing your feet so that your toes and legs are straight.
- Keeping your leg straight, slowly bend your body towards your toe. Stop bending if you begin to feel pain.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds before returning to the starting position and repeating the stretch on the other leg.
Sitting Spinal Stretch
- Sit on the ground with your legs extended outward.
- While bending the knee, lift one foot over your leg and place it flat on the ground next to the opposite knee.
- Twist your torso in the direction of and past the bent knee.
- Perform this stretch three times while alternating directions.
Knee To Opposite Shoulder
- Stretch out your legs while keeping your back flat on the floor.
- Bend one leg and the knee with both of your hands.
- Gently pull your knee across your body in the direction of the opposite shoulder and hold for 30 seconds.
- Perform three repetitions of this stretch on each side.
Sitting Pigeon Pose
- Stretch out your legs while sitting on the floor.
- Bend one leg and place that foot on top of the opposite ankle.
- Lean your upper body forward and reach towards your thigh.
- Hold this position for at least 15 seconds before repeating it on the other side.
Benefits Of Physical Therapy In Farmingville
If you’ve already tried these at-home stretches and aren’t seeing any results, it may be time to schedule an appointment for physical therapy in Farmingville. Our staff is well versed in treating conditions such as sciatica and can help get you back to feeling pain-free. When entrusting our team with your care, the benefits you can receive may include just a few of the following:
- Increased strength.
- Reduction of pain and inflammation.
- Improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Mitigate the risk of continuing symptoms.
Whether you have questions about more at-home exercises or want to schedule an appointment for hands-on physical therapy in Farmingville, our team will be there for you. Contact us today and inquire about our various treatment methods.