Has back pain caused you to miss out on activities you used to enjoy? Spine pain is one of the most common complaints that lead to doctor’s visits. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our team helps patients treat and manage their spine pain. If you are looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, our team is here to help.
What Causes Spine Pain?
Spine pain can interfere with your daily life and send you to the doctor’s office. Pain in your spine can range from mild aching to shooting or burning pain. Additionally, the pain can shoot down your leg and worsen as you move. There is no root cause for general spine pain, as it can develop without an identifiable cause. Some conditions that are linked to spinal pain include:
- Ruptured or bulging discs: Disks provide cushioning between the vertebrae in your spine. When a disc bulges or ruptures, it presses on the nerve and causes pain.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis will typically affect the lower back, but in some cases, arthritis in the spine can lead to spinal stenosis.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis causes the bones to become brittle and porous, and the vertebrae in your spine can fracture as a result.
- Muscle strain: Heavy lifting or awkward movements can strain your spinal ligaments and back muscles. If your back is in rough shape, strain on your back can lead to painful muscle spasms.
Spine pain can develop in anyone at any age. Still, certain factors like obesity, smoking, lack of exercise, and improper lifting can put you at a greater risk of experiencing pain. Back pain can be debilitating, so if you’re looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, our team is here to help get you back to feeling healthy and comfortable.
Cox Flexion Distraction Table
If you are experiencing chronic spine pain, you may be looking for spine pain relief Smithtown. Every patient experiences pain differently, so we will evaluate your condition and outline a suitable treatment plan for your needs. Our team is proud to offer treatment using the Cox Flexion Distraction Table. Cox Flexion-Distraction, or Cox Technic, is a gentle technique developed by Dr. James M. Cox that provides quick relief from back and neck pain. For many patients, the Cox Flexion Distraction Table is an alternative for back surgery. This table allows us to administer flexion-distraction, decompression, adjustment, and manipulation treatments. Some of the patient benefits of the Cox Technic include:
- Treatment is quick and nearly painless, which is ideal for those with lower pain tolerance.
- It promotes flexibility and an increased range of motion.
- It can decrease the frequency of headaches and migraines.
- It reduces pressure on the spinal nerves.
- It can improve a patient’s posture.
If you are looking for a natural alternative to ease your spine pain, consider trying Cox Flexion Distraction today!
At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our mission is to provide our patients with an advanced, individualized treatment that helps restore their usual level of function. If you are looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, be sure to contact our team to schedule your first session!