Often times following a minor car accident, you may not feel any significant pain. If you aren’t experiencing pain, then why should you go to a chiropractor? Initially, being in a car accident even if it is minor, produces adrenaline throughout the body. When your adrenaline is flowing through your body, you generally experience very little to no pain at all. Therefore, the absence of your pain might indicate that you don’t have any injuries. The problem with this is that you may go about your daily activities while actually worsening the injury that you are not even aware of having.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care After an Accident:
- Injuries are not always obvious: common symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, or stiffness often do not show up until days after your accident; therefore it is important to seek professional help right away so that your injuries can be properly diagnosed and treated.
- Reduces inflammation: it important to see a chiropractor so we may use spinal manipulation to reduce any inflammation you may be suffering from.
- Diminishes scar tissue: chiropractors will be able to target certain areas in order to break up scar tissue immediately in order to prevent any long-lasting effects or scaring.
- Avoid long-term pain: seeing a chiropractor after your accident may help to reduce the possibility of developing any chronic pain.
- Restores range of motion: chiropractic adjustments ensure that your body will be able to heal faster while promoting a full range of motion.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Additional injuries commonly sustained following a minor car accident may include the following:
- Herniated Disc
- Lower back pain
- Neck Pain
Following a car accident, it is important to be observant of any symptoms you may experience. If you have recently been involved in a car accident, and believe that our chiropractors can help, contact us here to schedule an appointment.