Discover Peak Performance With Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown
Optimize your health and recovery at our two convenient locations! Smithtown chiropractors Dr. Jeffrey Block, Dr. Richard Block and their professional team including Doctors of Physical Therapy are here to help you actively regain your health. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy you will discover that health comes from within, and it is the most valuable commodity we have. With the help of Spinal pain relief in Smithtown at our Maple Avenue location, you can begin your road to recovery. As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” We help you recover from pain and injury and bring you to the highest levels of wellness through our natural, effective services:
Get Back in the Game
Our team specializes in caring for athletes and serves as the team chiropractors at Stony Brook University, LIU Post, Queens College and for the New York Cosmos soccer team. Whether you’re a young athlete participating in a sport at school or are a professional, we can help you return from injury or achieve your best performance yet.
Experience Better Function and Health
We’ve treated tens of thousands of patients of all ages in various stages of health. Over our many years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the impact the spine and nervous system have not only on the function of the body but the quality and longevity of your life. By addressing these important systems, you’ll get back the active life you seek to enjoy. Revitalize your life by scheduling a comprehensive first visit and let us determine how we may be able to help you. Convenient Saturday appointments are available!
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown
Meet Our Providers
Dr. Richard Block
Dr. Anthony Change, DC
Dr. Jeff Block
Contact Us For Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown
Error: Contact form not found.
Treating Spine Pain in Smithtown, NY
Did you know that back pain was one of the most common reasons people visit the doctor? Many times they occur from sudden quick movements that happen and cause a lot of pain to occur. Unfortunately, many people ignore back pain and think it will get better over time, but it gets worse. Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help alleviate your back pain. Please call us today to learn more about how we can help with your pain!
Common Spine Issues
Back Pain can happen to anyone at any given time. There’s no specific age at which it happens, even though it is more common for this to occur as you get older. At times it can just happen at the most unexpected time. Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help with any spine pain that you may be experiencing. Here are Spine issues that occur that most people experience:
- Herniated Disc- There is a problem with one of your discs between your vertebrae. The rubber discs push out and compress the nerve, which causes pain to your back. A lot of pain will be traveled through the lower leg moving into the foot. It will be some sharp pain traveling down your entire leg.
- Muscle Strain- occur when you overstretch a muscle in the back or even tear a ligament. As a result, you may experience some back spasm since the desired area has inflammation. The back spasms cause some severe lower back pain and also may even be hard to move around.
- Osteoarthritis- This is more common in older adults due to the fact of weakened bones that are in their body. The back isn’t as strong as it once was and starts to cause problems with the body.
- Sciatica- A pinched nerved is damage in the spinal region, which causes you to be in a lot of pain. Usually, you feel a very sharp pain radiating down your entire leg into the foot.
How Do Spinal Issues Occur?
At many times, the smallest amount of pain can be the worst since it will keep on lingering and seem to get any better rarely. Whenever you feel some back pain, you should take a step back in what you’re doing and seek treatment. This can help you in the long run. Therefore, many injuries occur from quick and sudden movements that cause the back to turn a certain way. Most of the time, it’s caused by lifting something heavy that places urge one of the muscles to give out finally. Also, some minor injuries happen from either tripping or falling on your back with develops pain. If any of these activities caused you to be in pain Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help you.
How Can you Prevent Spinal Issues?
There are many different ways to prevent spinal issues from occurring to you. However, one of the best and effective ways is to keep your back muscles strong. Some of the ways Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help you prevent spinal issues from occurring are by:
- Exercising- Maintaining a moderate workout that doesn’t stress your back and helps increase your muscles can go a long way.
- Strengthen your core and flexibility- Abs and back exercises can help reduce or even eliminate your back pain because these muscles go hand and hand with each other.
- Maintain Healthy Weight- Carrying a lot of excess weight on your body puts a tremendous amount of stress on the back muscles since they have to do more work for you.
- Lift with your Legs- This can’t be more important than anything because your legs are the strongest muscles in your body, so it’s essential to use them, helping prevent many future problems.
- Good Posture- This goes a long way because most of the time, we get lazy and slumped in front of our computers or phones instead of realizing what we’re doing. Sitting up straight can reduce the stress that is causing your back muscles to weaken.
Best Exercises to Workout
Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help guide and show you how to help strengthen your back muscles to avoid this injury.
- Plank- Get into a plank position and engage your entire body back and core area to help strengthen your muscles overall.
- Bridge- Position yourself on your back with your feet flat on the floor. Begin to push your hips, form a straight line with your knees, hold for a couple of seconds, and repeat this motion.
- Knee to chest stretch- lie on your back with both knees bent. With one leg extended on the floor, begin to hold the other one close to your chest and hold this position for one to three minutes if possible.
- Piriformis stretch- lie on your back with both of your knees bent. Place your right ankle on your thigh and begin to pull close to your chest until you feel a stretch. Hold this stretch for about two minutes.
How can Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy Relieve Spinal Pain?
When managing a significant injury to the spinal region, it’s essential to take extra precautions to heal your condition and prevent it from happening. Both medical care focus on getting you to feel better to help manage and or get rid of the pain entirely. When going to either of these sessions, they provide you with a wellness plan, which you can do at home to help speed your recovery. If you’re in pain, and it’s hard to move, both medical practices can ensure your recovery to feeling back to the ones you once were. Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help take care of your condition that may be developing.
When managing a significant injury to the spinal region, it’s essential to take extra precautions to heal your condition and prevent it from happening. Unfortunately, many people ignore back pain and think it will get better over time, but it gets worse. There’s no specific age at which it happens, even though it is more common for this to occur as you get older. Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Spinal Pain Relief in Smithtown can help alleviate your back pain. Please call us today to learn more about how we can help with your pain!
Expert Spine Pain Relief in Smithtown
Has back pain caused you to miss out on activities you used to enjoy? Spine pain is one of the most common complaints that lead to doctor’s visits. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our team helps patients treat and manage their spine pain. If you are looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, our team is here to help.
What Causes Spine Pain?
Spine pain can interfere with your daily life and send you to the doctor’s office. Pain in your spine can range from mild aching to shooting or burning pain. Additionally, the pain can shoot down your leg and worsen as you move. There is no root cause for general spine pain, as it can develop without an identifiable cause. Some conditions that are linked to spinal pain include:
- Ruptured or bulging discs: Disks provide cushioning between the vertebrae in your spine. When a disc bulges or ruptures, it presses on the nerve and causes pain.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis will typically affect the lower back, but in some cases, arthritis in the spine can lead to spinal stenosis.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis causes the bones to become brittle and porous, and the vertebrae in your spine can fracture as a result.
- Muscle strain: Heavy lifting or awkward movements can strain your spinal ligaments and back muscles. If your back is in rough shape, strain on your back can lead to painful muscle spasms.
Spine pain can develop in anyone at any age. Still, certain factors like obesity, smoking, lack of exercise, and improper lifting can put you at a greater risk of experiencing pain. Back pain can be debilitating, so if you’re looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, our team is here to help get you back to feeling healthy and comfortable.
Cox Flexion Distraction Table
If you are experiencing chronic spine pain, you may be looking for spine pain relief Smithtown. Every patient experiences pain differently, so we will evaluate your condition and outline a suitable treatment plan for your needs. Our team is proud to offer treatment using the Cox Flexion Distraction Table. Cox Flexion-Distraction, or Cox Technic, is a gentle technique developed by Dr. James M. Cox that provides quick relief from back and neck pain. For many patients, the Cox Flexion Distraction Table is an alternative for back surgery. This table allows us to administer flexion-distraction, decompression, adjustment, and manipulation treatments. Some of the patient benefits of the Cox Technic include:
- Treatment is quick and nearly painless, which is ideal for those with lower pain tolerance.
- It promotes flexibility and an increased range of motion.
- It can decrease the frequency of headaches and migraines.
- It reduces pressure on the spinal nerves.
- It can improve a patient’s posture.
If you are looking for a natural alternative to ease your spine pain, consider trying Cox Flexion Distraction today!
At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our mission is to provide our patients with an advanced, individualized treatment that helps restore their usual level of function. If you are looking for spine pain relief in Smithtown, be sure to contact our team to schedule your first session!