Our Spinal Decompression Chiropractors in Smithtown Welcomes You!
Optimize your health and recovery at our two convenient locations!
Smithtown chiropractors Dr. Jeffrey Block, Dr. Richard Block and their professional team including Doctors of Physical Therapy are here to help you actively regain your health. At Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical Therapy you will discover that health comes from within, and it is the most valuable commodity we have. As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
We help you recover from pain and injury and bring you to the highest levels of wellness through our natural, effective services:
Get Back in the Game
Our team specializes in caring for athletes and serves as the team chiropractors at Stony Brook University, LIU Post, Queens College and for the New York Cosmos soccer team. Whether you’re a young athlete participating in a sport at school or are a professional, we can help you return from injury or achieve your best performance yet.
Experience Better Function and Health
We’ve treated tens of thousands of patients of all ages in various stages of health. Over our many years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the impact the spine and nervous system have not only on the function of the body but the quality and longevity of your life. By addressing these important systems, you’ll get back the active life you seek to enjoy.
Revitalize your life by scheduling a comprehensive first visit and let us determine how we may be able to help you. Convenient Saturday appointments are available!
Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical Therapy
Spinal Decompression Therapy in Smithown
(631) 543-0004 | (631) 696-4371
Fill Out This Form For Spinal Decompression Therapy in Smithtown
Dr. Jeffrey Block founded Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Smithtown in 1993. He soon opened a second location in Selden, intended for his brother Dr. Richard Block, who was getting ready to graduate from chiropractic college and join his brother in practice. Since then, Dr. Jeff has switched to the Selden office and Dr. Rick works out of our Smithtown location. We work with physical therapists to offer our communities a complete healing experience.
Healing From the Inside Out
Our goal is to teach people that health comes from within, rather than from outside intervention. Staying healthy is the superior choice to seeking treatment once you’re sick. Therefore, we’re here to get you out of pain and help you prevent future problems from affecting your life.
Determining Your Specific Needs
The practitioners at both of our locations are trained in different areas and provide a range of complementary services. Our first goal is to figure out why problems exist in your body. Then, if we determine that we can help you, we’ll discuss the options you have to regain your health. Rather than just focusing on making you feel better,
we address the cause of your pain.
The patients we see are often seeking help for
- Family health
- Geriatric health
- No-fault injury
- Pain management
- Sports injury
- Weight issues
- Workers’ compensation
- And much more!
Spinal Decompression Therapy in Smithtown
Spinal compression is caused when there is pressure put on the spine. Your spinal cord has a bundle of nerves that send signals from your brain to muscles. Your spinal cord is protected by your vertebrae. Some of the symptoms of spinal compressions are:
- Stiffness or pain in the back or neck
- Numbness or weakness in the legs, hands, and arms
- Severe pain and weakness in the legs
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Severe numbness in the back of the legs and inner thighs
- Severe cases of spinal compression can affect motor skills and coordination.
Some causes of spinal compression can be sudden or develop over time. Some of these causes can be:
- Degenerative diseases, such as arthritis, can cause pressure on your spine
- A ruptured disk might lead to spinal cord compression
- Injury to the spinal cord or the area around the cord can cause swelling, which can cause pressure
- Bleeding disorders, in addition to chiropractic manipulations, can cause large clots compressing the spinal cord.
- Bone spurs can cause a tapering of the spinal canal which can cause compression of the spinal cord.
- Cancerous and noncancerous tumors can develop near the spinal cord, causing pressure on the spinal cord.
People who have had injuries or developed conditions that may lead to spinal cord compression. Use of poor lifting form, people who suffer from osteoarthritis may be at risk of having spinal cord compression.
How is spinal cord compression diagnosed?
Doctors can use medical history and exams, also x-ray, ct scans, or MRI tests. Both CT and MRI offer detailed scans of your spine.
How to treat spinal cord compression?
The treatment depends on the initial cause and how extreme the condition is. Your doctor, in addition to stopping physical activity, can also suggest:
- Anti-inflammatory medication can ease the swelling and help with the pain.
- Epidural steroid injection directly into the spine
- Physical therapy can help with spinal compression. Exercises that focus on legs and abs can help alleviate the symptoms.
- Ice and heat packs with over-the-counter medication for pain can help.
- A doctor can prescribe radiation or chemotherapy to shrink the tumor on your spine.
- Electrical stimulation
- Osteopectomy removal
How Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy can help
Suffering from spinal compression can make it hard to live a full life. Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy we offer spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown Long Island.
Our staff is fully experienced at treating the effects of spinal compression. We don’t just help you fix the problem when it is present. We also show ways you can prevent the problem from happening in the future. To book an appointment or to learn more, visit our website.
What Is Spinal Decompression?
Back and neck pain can be debilitating and interrupt your life to the point where simple tasks become challenging. Those who suffer from chronic back and neck pain associated with herniated, bulging, or degenerating discs may benefit from spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, we provide this treatment as a non-invasive option to help patients relieve their debilitating pain and improve their mobility. Continue reading to learn more.
What Is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is a non-surgical practice that utilizes a motorized traction table or similar motorized device to relieve disc-related back, neck, and sciatica pain symptoms. In non-surgical spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown, the spine is gently stretched in a controlled manner to create negative pressure within the disc. The negative pressure causes the bulging or herniated discs to retract and promotes the passage of healing nutrients into the disc. This form of therapy can be an effective alternative to spine surgery and provide much-needed relief to those dealing with back pain.
Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy in Smithtown
At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown is a valuable component of our suite of services. While some patients may require spine surgery, many patients have experienced long-term relief from this alternative. If you are interested in this treatment and curious if it’s right for you, here are a few benefits to consider:
- Pain Relief – Spinal decompression therapy can relieve tension in injured areas and stimulate the nervous system to release signals that have an analgesic effect on the body, providing significant pain relief after one to three sessions.
- Restores Joint and Spinal Disc Alignment – Several factors contribute to joint subluxation and bulging or herniated discs. The force from the decompression table helps to realign the joints and discs, preventing pain, impaired mobility, and inflammation.
- Facilitates Effectiveness of Other Treatment Approaches – Spinal decompression therapy is meant to maximize your spinal health and function. The spine acts as a pillar of support for your body. Using decompression and other therapeutic modalities offered at our office, you can maximize your spinal health and speed up your recovery process.
Here at Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our careful attention to patient care has left our patients pain-free and happy. If you are interested in learning more about spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown, be sure to contact our office today.
What Injuries Does Spinal Decompression Help With?
Anti-inflammatory pain medication and self-care can be a reliable and effective solution at the onset of persistent and uncomfortable neck, back, or sciatica pain. But even though medication can work well when paired with complementary physical therapy or chiropractic care, it may not provide long-term relief. When chronic pain progresses, many individuals turn to more serious treatments. Luckily, our spinal decompression chiropractor in Smithtown offers a more practical option. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, we offer spinal decompression therapy to provide patients with lasting relief and improved wellness.
What Is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is an innovative treatment that uses the same chiropractic principles that guide hands-on adjustments. Our spinal decompression chiropractor in Smithtown uses a computer-assisted motorized traction table to mechanically stretch your spine during this treatment. This therapy aims to relieve pain and pressure in the spine and facilitate healing in damaged areas.
What Does It Help With?
Spinal decompression therapy is designed to systematically restore impaired or injured spinal discs to function. This form of therapy is an ideal solution for several conditions related to disc-related pain and pressure. Our spinal decompression chiropractor in Smithtown uses this therapy to treat the following conditions:
- Herniated or Bulging Discs – Herniated and bulging discs are often responsible for persistent lower back and neck pain. Spinal decompression can correct the bulging discs and repair herniated discs.
- Spinal Stenosis – This degenerative structural disorder causes narrowing of the spinal canal. Spinal decompression releases tension through the canal and restores space to discs.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – This condition is a progressive wear and tear disease that occurs as you age. Degenerative disc disease degrades the spinal discs and causes them to become rigid and stiff. This therapy can decrease stiffness and increase range of motion and spinal flexibility.
Spinal decompression therapy has become an invaluable form of complementary care. Several patients have experienced long-term relief from this non-invasive treatment. By combining spinal decompression therapy with other therapeutic modalities, you can improve your overall spine health and recover from these painful conditions.
Contact Us For Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Smithtown
At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our spinal decompression chiropractor in Smithtownprovides this treatment to help patients overcome any condition rooted in disc-related pain or pressure. To learn more about spinal decompression therapy and discover if it’s right for you, be sure to contact us today!
Sports Chiropractor for Back Injuries
Athletes of all levels understand the demands of their sport and the physical requirement in exerting themselves to reach max performance. Pushing your body through intense movements leaves you more susceptible to painful back injuries that take you out of the game. Spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown at Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy aims to help athletes perform at their best and recover from painful sports injuries. Continue reading to learn more about our sports chiropractor and back injury treatment.
Sports Chiropractor for Back Injuries
Athletes often work their bodies harder than the average individual and can tax certain muscle groups more than what is ideal. Any sports that involve sudden twisting movements can result in back injuries. Those who play soccer, tennis, and hockey are all at an increased risk for this type of injury.
Back injuries are a common problem that can arise from athletic activities, butspinal decompression therapy in Smithtown is a great way to naturally and effectively manage back injuries. Here are some of the ways a sports chiropractor can address a back injury:
- Perform a chiropractic adjustment to increase mobility and flexibility, and reduce pain.
- Help incorporate stretching exercises that target the back.
- Aid in core training to strengthen the muscles that support the spine.
- Perform spinal decompression to manage pain and injuries from herniated, protruding, or bulging discs.
A sports chiropractor can help restore function to the spinal joints that are injured and not moving properly. Along with pain relief, this form of treatment can also reduce inflammation. The back tendons, muscles, and ligaments depend upon proper spinal alignment for peak performance, and a back injury can reduce your range of motion and take you out of the game.
A back injury can create further problems in the extremities. If you’ve injured your back during sports, our chiropractor will evaluate your condition and determine the best course of action to get you back in the game.
Contact Us For Spinal Decompression Therapy in Smithtown
It may take some time to return to action after a back injury, but spinal decompression therapy in Smithtown can help you get back in the game quickly with the peace of mind that you are recovering the right way. To learn more about how our sports chiropractor treats back injuries, be sure to contact Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in nearby Selden today!