This June honors the 24th annual Men’s Health Month! This month-long event was created to show support for men and the importance of men’s health. There are a number of easy things that can be done to stay active and aware through the month and beyond.
- Early screenings save lives! Not only do early screenings save potential money in treatment costs, but they help save lives by catching diseases early on. One in nine men are diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in their lifetime, but with treatment, over 2.9 million men have survived.
- Get outside! There’s no better way to spend the summer than to get outside and get some exercise in. Whether it be going for a hike, going fishing, or going to the beach, take advantage of the sunny days while staying active at the same time.
- Plan a ‘wear blue’ day! The Friday before Father’s Day is ‘wear blue’ day. This day is created to show concern for the health and well-being of boys and men. Take the chance to show your support by dressing in all blue.
- Support a prostate cancer fundraiser! On top of making sure to be screened for your own health, support the brave individuals currently fighting their battle against prostate cancer. There are many organizations you can donate to.
- Keep updated on health! There are plenty of blogs and newsletters like our own that give helpful hints and tips on how to stay healthy. While Men’s Health Month highlights the importance of health this month in specific, it is always crucial to be good to your body.
Don’t forget, Men’s Health Month is not just for men. All genders can show their support for men and men’s health! Find a way to get involved with Men’s Health Month and take the steps towards a better healthy life!