Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical Therapy chiropractors use adjustments, soft tissue work, specialized tables, postural correction and other tools to help you recover from pain and injury and bring you to the highest levels of wellness. Come see the best chiropractor on Long Island so you can start feeling healthy again!
Active Release Technique
Every session starts with an examination and ends with an adjustment.
Active Release Technique, also known as ART, is used to help turn back on your muscles that have been shut off due to previous injury and overused muscles. ART requires specific protocols to reduce muscular pain. We provide a soft tissue therapy that will reduce joint stress and release tight muscles.
We will provide an examination to determine your problemed areas. Our team will be able to feel the scar tissue and be able to start the process to recovery.
Some of the problemed areas that ART treats are:
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
ART has been proven to have a number benefits. Our team firmly believes that this technique can resolve problem areas quickly and permanently.
Whether you’re suffering from back pain, neck pain, muscle or tendon issues, or a variety of other conditions, a chiropractor can help. But what is it exactly that a chiropractor does and how are they different from other doctors?
What does a chiropractor do?
A chiropractor is defined as a medical professional who specializes in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders. They specifically focus on manual adjustment techniques to manipulate the spine as a form of treatment. Known as spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment, this therapeutic procedure is designed to restore joint mobility and properly align the musculoskeletal structure, allowing the body to heal itself. As a chiropractor, it is important to stress the importance of the relationship between the spine and your nervous system. Thus spinal manipulation can not only restore the structural integrity of the spine, but also improve the function of the nervous system, and one’s overall health.
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy,the best chiropractor on Long Island, uses a variety of chiropractic adjustment techniques to address one’s concerns. Active release therapy is a type of soft tissue therapy designed to reduce joint stress and relieve tight muscles. Cox Flexion Distraction technique is a gentle adjustment procedure aimed at aiding the natural healing of the spine. The Graston technique uses stainless steel hand instruments to reduce scar tissue and increase range of motion.
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy also offers other forms of treatment to address a variety of medical conditions. Cold laser therapy is used to treat chronic conditions such as arthritis, tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel syndrome. Electric muscle stimulation is a form of treatment that stimulates specific muscles with electronic pulses. This provides pain relief, reduces inflammation and lessens muscle spasms. If you’re looking for the best chiropractor on Long Island to address your medical concerns, contact Block Sports Chiropractic and Physical Therapy today.
How Can The Best Chiropractor on Long Island Help?
A chiropractor can treat a variety of issues, especially related to the back. An example of some lower back conditions treated by a chiropractor include:
- Herniated disc
- Chronic lower back pain
- Pinched nerves (radiculopathy)
- Muscle strain
- Muscle spasm
A chiropractor can also treat a variety of other medical conditions not directly related to the back. For example, fibromyalgia, neck pain, headaches, migraines, weak immune systems, and carpal tunnel syndrome are all some of the many conditions a chiropractor can treat.If you are suffering from back pain, any of the conditions listed above, or believe you can benefit from seeing a chiropractor, and you are looking for the best chiropractor on Long Island, contact Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy today.
Seeing a chiropractor can be very beneficial to your health. It can be a great way to restore mobility by reducing any pain that you might be experiencing. There are a number of reasons that people may want to see a chiropractor. At Block Chiropractic & Sports Physical Therapy, the best chiropractor on Long Island will be able to get your questions answered while offering the various options for treatment depending on your circumstance. Here are some benefits of seeing a chiropractor:
- Relieves headaches. Having bad neck pressure and knots in the neck can cause mild to severe headaches. The more treatment you have the intensity of the headaches will start to be reduced.
- Chronic pain can be relieved by seeing a chiropractor. The pain can be occurring in many different parts of the body but can possibly be fully healed in just a few visits.
- Bad injuries can be treated to restore function again.
- Chiropractic care can be great for pregnant women because it helps with making the pregnancy as comfortable as possible.
- Blood pressure can be lowered by seeing a chiropractor.
After a few Chiropractic treatments, many patients reported feeling less pain. There is also something called a Functional Movement Screen (FMS). This test will measure your capability to move in a correct manner. This test also helps chiropractors see any problems you are having with movement. This test can help if you play sports and want to increase your performance. This test will help you move much better and without pain. During this test, you will perform some exercises such as; squats, lunges, push- ups, hurdle steps, and a stability test.
(SFMA) is an assessment that will be able to see all body movement patterns. This is usually broken up into 7 tests and graded as either no pain functional pain, or dysfunctional with no pain and dysfunctional with pain. Doing some of these tests will help chiropractors be able to see what exactly is wrong and move forward with treatment. If you are experiencing any chronic pain make an appointment with Block Chiropractic Sports and Wellness the best chiropractor on Long Island to learn more about the vast amount of treatments that are offered.
The Importance of Spine Health
The health of your spine is our team’s top priority at Block Chiropractic & Sports Physical Therapy. Your spine health is essential because it harmonizes with your overall health and wellness. Every cell in your body is run by your central nervous system, and if your spine is working properly with it, then, unfortunately, a lot of issues can occur. If you experience issues with your back or spine seeing the best chiropractor on Long Island may be beneficial for you. The importance of spine health is significant. Here’s what you should do to help keep your spine healthy:
- Receive adjustments regularly: They will help to improve spinal motion and improve your body’s physical function as a whole.
- Exercise & stretch daily: Strengthening your core muscles and doing stretches to warm your body up before any exercise is key. Aerobics, extension stretches, and flexion stretches are recommended.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can put your back at risk for problems placing added stress on the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your back.
- Get a good night’s sleep with the appropriate form: Another huge issue with back pain is the way people sleep. Laying on your back while sleeping puts approximately 50 pounds of weight on your back. The American Chiropractic Association recommends sleeping on your side or using pillows to elevate your knees to avoid more pain from occurring.
- Watch your posture: Your posture has a lot to do with your spine health. Look at the way you are sitting and standing. Are your knees slightly bent and are your shoulders back? Is your head leveled correctly? If your posture is good, your vertebrae will be correctly aligned.
- Maintain good form when lifting: Knowing the right lifting techniques is vital to prevent damage to your spine. Use your legs and knees rather than your back. If the object is heavy, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Best Chiropractor on Long Island
If you have pain in your back or neck and feel as if you aren’t doing enough to keep your spine healthy, seeing our team of experienced chiropractors may be the right choice! Contact us today at Block Chiropractic & Sports Physical Therapy to experience how we can help you with your pain and get you on the right track towards optimal health. Come see the best chiropractor on Long Island today and see how we can help get you moving again!