Our Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden Welcomes You
Optimize your health and recovery at our two convenient locations!
Selden chiropractors Dr. Jeffrey Block, Dr. Richard Block and their professional team including Doctors of Physical Therapy are here to help you actively regain your health. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy you will discover that health comes from within, and it is the most valuable commodity we have. As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
We help you recover from pain and injury and bring you to the highest levels of wellness through our natural, effective services:
Get Back in the Game
Our team specializes in caring for athletes and serves as the team chiropractors at Stony Brook University, LIU Post, Queens College and for the New York Cosmos soccer team. Whether you’re a young athlete participating in a sport at school or are a professional, we can help you return from injury or achieve your best performance yet.
Experience Better Function and Health
We’ve treated tens of thousands of patients of all ages in various stages of health. Over our many years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the impact the spine and nervous system have not only on the function of the body but the quality and longevity of your life. By addressing these important systems, you’ll get back the active life you seek to enjoy.
Revitalize your life by scheduling a comprehensive first visit and let us determine how we may be able to help you. Convenient Saturday appointments are available!
Contact Us For Spinal Decompression Therapy in Selden
Our Selden Location
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden
Dr. Jeffrey Block founded Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Smithtown in 1993. He soon opened a second location in Selden, intended for his brother Dr. Richard Block, who was getting ready to graduate from chiropractic college and join his brother in practice. Since then, Dr. Jeff has switched to the Selden office and Dr. Rick works out of our Smithtown location. We work with physical therapists to offer our communities a complete healing experience.
Healing From the Inside Out
Our goal is to teach people that health comes from within, rather than from outside intervention. Staying healthy is the superior choice to seeking treatment once you’re sick. Therefore, we’re here to get you out of pain and help you prevent future problems from affecting your life.
Determining Your Specific Needs
The practitioners at both of our locations are trained in different areas and provide a range of complementary services. Our first goal is to figure out why problems exist in your body. Then, if we determine that we can help you, we’ll discuss the options you have to regain your health. Rather than just focusing on making you feel better,
we address the cause of your pain.
The patients we see are often seeking help for
- Family health
- Geriatric health
- No-fault injury
- Pain management
- Sports injury
- Weight issues
- Workers’ compensation
- And much more!
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
Whether you’re suffering from back pain, neck pain, muscle or tendon issues, or a variety of other conditions, a chiropractor can help. But what is it exactly that a chiropractor does and how are they different from other doctors?
A chiropractor is defined as a medical professional who specializes in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders. They specifically focus on manual adjustment techniques to manipulate the spine as a form of treatment. Known as spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment, this therapeutic procedure is designed to restore joint mobility and properly align the musculoskeletal structure, allowing the body to heal itself. As a chiropractor, it is important to stress the importance of the relationship between the spine and your nervous system. Thus spinal manipulation can not only restore the structural integrity of the spine, but also improve the function of the nervous system, and one’s overall health.
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden, uses a variety of chiropractic adjustment techniques to address one’s concerns. Active release therapy is a type of soft tissue therapy designed to reduce joint stress and relieve tight muscles. Cox Flexion Distraction technique is a gentle adjustment procedure aimed at aiding the natural healing of the spine. The Graston technique uses stainless steel hand instruments to reduce scar tissue and increase range of motion.
Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy also offers other forms of treatment to address a variety of medical conditions. Cold laser therapy is used to treat chronic conditions such as arthritis, tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel syndrome. Electric muscle stimulation is a form of treatment that stimulates specific muscles with electronic pulses. This provides pain relief, reduces inflammation and lessens muscle spasms. If you’re looking for the Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden to address your medical concerns, contact Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy today.
How Can Our Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden Help?
A chiropractor can treat a variety of issues, especially related to the back. An example of some lower back conditions treated by a chiropractor include:
- Herniated disc
- Chronic lower back pain
- Pinched nerves (radiculopathy)
- Muscle strain
- Muscle spasm
Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden
A chiropractor can also treat a variety of other medical conditions not directly related to the back. For example, fibromyalgia, neck pain, headaches, migraines, weak immune systems, and carpal tunnel syndrome are all some of the many conditions a chiropractor can treat.
If you are suffering from back pain, any of the conditions listed above, or believe you can benefit from seeing a chiropractor, and you are looking for the Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden, contact Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy today
What Is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Back and neck pain can be debilitating and interrupt your life to the point where simple tasks become challenging. Those who suffer from chronic back and neck pain associated with herniated, bulging, or degenerating discs may benefit from spinal decompression Chiropractor in Selden. At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, we provide this treatment as a non-invasive option to help patients relieve their debilitating pain and improve their mobility. Continue reading to learn more.
What Is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is a non-surgical practice that utilizes a motorized traction table or similar motorized device to relieve symptoms associated with disc-related back, neck, and sciatica pain. In non-surgical spinal decompression Chiropractor in Selden, the spine is gently stretched in a controlled manner to create negative pressure within the disc. The negative pressure causes the bulging or herniated discs to retract and promotes the passage of healing nutrients into the disc. This form of therapy can be an effective alternative to spine surgery and provide much-needed relief to those dealing with back pain.
Benefits of Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden
At Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, spinal decompression Chiropractor in Selden is a valuable component of our suite of services. While some patients may require spine surgery, many patients have experienced long-term relief from this alternative. If you are interested in this treatment and curious if it’s right for you, here are a few benefits to consider:
- Pain Relief – Spinal decompression therapy can relieve tension in injured areas and stimulate the nervous system to release signals that have an analgesic effect on the body, providing significant pain relief after one to three sessions.
- Restores Joint and Spinal Disc Alignment – Several factors contribute to joint subluxation and bulging or herniated discs. The force from the decompression table helps to realign the joints and discs, preventing pain, impaired mobility, and inflammation.
- Facilitates Effectiveness of Other Treatment Approaches – Spinal decompression therapy is meant to maximize your spinal health and function. The spine acts as a pillar of support for your body. Using decompression and other therapeutic modalities offered at our office, you can maximize your spinal health and speed up your recovery process.
Here at Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, our careful attention to patient care has left our patients pain-free and happy. If you are interested in learning more about spinal decompression Chiropractor in Selden, be sure to contact our office today.
Spinal Pain Relief
Did you know that back pain was one of the most common reasons people visit the doctor? Many times they occur from sudden quick movements that happen and cause a lot of pain to occur. Unfortunately, many people ignore back pain and think it will get better over time, but it gets worse. Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help alleviate your back pain. Please call us today to learn more about how we can help with your pain!
Common Spine Issues
Back Pain can happen to anyone at any given time. There’s no specific age at which it happens, even though it is more common for this to occur as you get older. At times it can just happen at the most unexpected time. Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help with any spine pain that you may be experiencing. Here are Spine issues that occur that most people experience:
- Herniated Disc- There is a problem with one of your discs between your vertebrae. The rubber discs push out and compress the nerve, which causes pain to your back. A lot of pain will be traveled through the lower leg moving into the foot. It will be some sharp pain traveling down your entire leg.
- Muscle Strain- occur when you overstretch a muscle in the back or even tear a ligament. As a result, you may experience some back spasm since the desired area has inflammation. The back spasms cause some severe lower back pain and also may even be hard to move around.
- Osteoarthritis- This is more common in older adults due to the fact of weakened bones that are in their body. The back isn’t as strong as it once was and starts to cause problems with the body.
- Sciatica- A pinched nerved is damage in the spinal region, which causes you to be in a lot of pain. Usually, you feel a very sharp pain radiating down your entire leg into the foot.
How Do Spinal Issues Occur
At many times, the smallest amount of pain can be the worst since it will keep on lingering and seem to get any better rarely. Whenever you feel some back pain, you should take a step back in what you’re doing and seek treatment. This can help you in the long run. Therefore, many injuries occur from quick and sudden movements that cause the back to turn a certain way. Most of the time, it’s caused by lifting something heavy that places urge one of the muscles to give out finally. Also, some minor injuries happen from either tripping or falling on your back with develops pain. If any of these activities caused you to be in pain Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help you.
How Can you Prevent Spinal Issues?
There are many different ways to prevent spinal issues from occurring to you. However, one of the best and effective ways is to keep your back muscles strong. Some of the ways Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help you prevent spinal issues from occurring are by:
- Exercising- Maintaining a moderate workout that doesn’t stress your back and helps increase your muscles can go a long way.
- Strengthen your core and flexibility- Abs and back exercises can help reduce or even eliminate your back pain because these muscles go hand and hand with each other.
- Maintain Healthy Weight- Carrying a lot of excess weight on your body puts a tremendous amount of stress on the back muscles since they have to do more work for you.
- Lift with your Legs- This can’t be more important than anything because your legs are the strongest muscles in your body, so it’s essential to use them, helping prevent many future problems.
- Good Posture- This goes a long way because most of the time, we get lazy and slumped in front of our computers or phones instead of realizing what we’re doing. Sitting up straight can reduce the stress that is causing your back muscles to weaken.
Best Exercises to Workout
Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help guide and show you how to help strengthen your back muscles to avoid this injury.
- Plank- Get into a plank position and engage your entire body back and core area to help strengthen your muscles overall.
- Bridge- Position yourself on your back with your feet flat on the floor. Begin to push your hips, form a straight line with your knees, hold for a couple of seconds, and repeat this motion.
- Knee to chest stretch- lie on your back with both knees bent. With one leg extended on the floor, begin to hold the other one close to your chest and hold this position for one to three minutes if possible.
- Piriformis stretch- lie on your back with both of your knees bent. Place your right ankle on your thigh and begin to pull close to your chest until you feel a stretch. Hold this stretch for about two minutes.
How can Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy Relieve Spinal Pain?
When managing a significant injury to the spinal region, it’s essential to take extra precautions to heal your condition and prevent it from happening. Both medical care focus on getting you to feel better to help manage and or get rid of the pain entirely. When going to either of these sessions, they provide you with a wellness plan, which you can do at home to help speed your recovery. If you’re in pain, and it’s hard to move, both medical practices can ensure your recovery to feeling back to the ones you once were. Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help take care of your condition that may be developing.
When managing a significant injury to the spinal region, it’s essential to take extra precautions to heal your condition and prevent it from happening. Unfortunately, many people ignore back pain and think it will get better over time, but it gets worse. There’s no specific age at which it happens, even though it is more common for this to occur as you get older. Block Sports Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Spinal Decompression Chiropractor in Selden can help alleviate your back pain. Please call us today to learn more about how we can help with your pain!