Benefits Of The Graston Technique
Our body has countless soft tissues that protect vital organs and muscles. However, when we suffer from an injury, our soft tissues become damaged and negatively affects how we use our different body parts. In order to treat this issue, the Graston Technique is a great treatment to consider. Also known as soft-tissue instrument-assisted mobilization, the Graston Technique uses various instruments that massage the skin gently, letting the practitioner identify the restriction areas and break up any existing scar tissue. If you’re looking to experience the benefits the Graston Technique has to offer, a physical therapist in Selden can give you the treatment you’re seeking.
The benefits of the Graston Technique can help anybody with damaged soft tissues recover:
- A decrease in the amount of treatment required for an injury.
- Many of the problems in soft tissue injuries involve the creation of scar tissue, which limit the body’s range of motion. Through the Graston Technique, the scar tissues are removed, allowing the patient’s body to be fully functional.
- Reduced use of medication.
- In order to relieve inflammation from pain and swelling, patients with soft tissue injuries need anti-inflammatory medication. During the Graston Technique, inflammation is reduced which reduces the need for anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Recovery is a lot quicker.
- Because the Graston Technique can greatly reduce swelling and pain, the recovery time is significantly cut down.
- Solutions to chronic pains.
- Scar tissue is thought to be permanent, so as a result, it is often improperly treated. After the Graston Technique, chronic pain is well managed and soft tissue conditions are improved.
- Achilles tendonitis / other ankle injuries
- Plantar fasciitis / other foot pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Shin splints
- Scar tissue
- Tennis elbow
- Lumbar Strain
The Graston Technique treatment can treat soft tissue problems as well as other medical conditions. In addition to treating pain in your affected body parts, the Graston Technique also has the ability to improve chronic pains and reduce the time you’re spending recovering. A talented physical therapist in Selden will be able to help you with your discomfort and the Graston Technique is a great tool to heal your soft tissue. At Block Chiropractic Sports Wellness in Selden and Smithtown, our talented staff can treat any issues you have, rehabilitating your injuries until you’re fully recovered.
For more information, contact us today.